Chronotopia: Second Skin
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Think you know everything there is to know about fairytales? Chronotopia will prove you wrong!
Princess Kionna lives a peaceful existence in her castle, enjoying her days with her best friend and confidant, Nahima. That is until her father, gone mad since the death of his beloved, decides he should wed her instead. Kionna has to find a way to escape from this fate, but how? She doesn't know it yet, but it's the beginning of a long nightmare that will take her to the edges of madness...
Chronotopia: Second Skin is a dark rewriting of the fairytale Donkeyskin inspired by a wide range of influences including anime like Haibane Renmei and Madoka Magica and games like Steins;Gate and Child of Light. The story is a unique and more mature take on a forgotten fairytale that includes many twists and choices that affect the ending: Donkeyskin can either escape with her servant, become a fairy, or die a horrible death. Multiple times. It's up to you to save...or doom her.
- A unique take on a forgotten fairytale with many twists
- Branching story with around 10 endings and 30 hours of playtime
- An optional archives system to learn more about folklore
- Two GxG (Nahima and the Fairy) and one GxB (the "Prince") romances possible!
- Beautiful artwork, with animated backgrounds and special stained-glass illustrations
- A full original soundtrack with celtic influences
- Extensive use of RenPy 3D camera for a more dynamic presentation
- Several segments allowing you to freely explore the castle to discover its secrets
[…] there is something special about Chronotopia that sets it apart from the rest! With a dynamic and diverse cast, and a wickedly captivating plot, this game is sure to be a commercial success for Träumendes Mädchen. - review from Nice Job Breaking It, Hero